Monday, December 15, 2008

Helzberg Diamonds

So now that I've had a blog for all 4 days, I've realized that with a blog comes a small amount of pressure. What kind of voice will I have? Will I always be silly? Should I go deep sometimes? Do I write about what I think others want to hear?...So I'm thinking about this while I'm jogging today and I decide no, no to all of the above. I will have whatever kind of voice I want, talk about whatever I want and if people want to read it...fine. If they don't....fine. I have waaay to many thoughts in one day so I really like listing them off. So thats what I'm going to do today. Who knows what tommorrow will bring?

1. First things first, Sam Bradford won the most prestigious award in college football Saturday night. I have to say, I'm really happy for him. This is not because I'm a Sooner fan (by any means), but for one night we all got to see the kid in a pretty high profile college athlete. You could tell the guy was just so humbled and really blown away. Thats what I like to see. In a world where arrogance and pride is soo so prevelant, it was cool to witness a guy just a year older than me, win such a distingusihed award and realize the gravity of it all. So congratulations Sam. You're really need to play extremely well in the national championship to back up that award, and I hope you do.

2. Sean Avery was released from the Dallas Stars this week...Wow. Thats too bad for him. I can't say that he will be missed by a lot of players or fans and thats pretty sad to me. Maybe now you can finally go into the clothing industry for good! Ever since that segment on E:60 we are all aware of your flare for fashion.

3. There will be no Arena Football League in 2009. I repeat no AFL in 2009. I know, I was really suprised too. Apparently a bunch of teams said they wouldn't be back in o9 and so they decided to cancel the season until 2010. Strange...very strange.

4. I listened to the best sermon last night on itunes. It was by Andy Stanley and was called "The Best Question Ever Part 4: Time Bandits". I suggest if you have some free time over the break that you listen to it! It was really good!! And really relevant, because we all face issues with managing time. We instead fill it with things like Facebook and dare I say it?!...Blogging!

5. This commerical wierds me out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YHrgIzGBdg

Shout out of the Day!: I'm going to give this one to my Lord and Savior. Again I am just astounded of how patient He is will me. He is so faithful and so good, even in the midst of me doubting He is. I'm am thankful to be loved by such a mercyful God! Also I want to give a shout out to whomever will be grading my Spanish final. May you too be merciful with my imperfections ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment